Divorces are complex and often involve extensive legal work. Wisconsin only allows for no-fault divorces, which means that it doesn’t matter whether there was adultery, cruelty, or other factors involved. You just need to mention that the marriage cannot be saved and is beyond the recovery stage. Even with simplified laws, divorces often take a much longer time, primarily because separated couples end up fighting over various marital issues. Instead of trying to have a legal battle in court, you may benefit from negotiating with your spouse and filing for an uncontested divorce. The first step is to look for a divorce lawyer near me so that you can discuss the legal process in detail. Here are five reasons to go for an uncontested divorce.
- You can avoid spending huge on the legal fees of attorneys. Many family law attorneys take a fixed price, as opposed to an hourly rate, for uncontested divorces. If you find a capable lawyer, they will do everything related to the paperwork and filing and take a pre-decided amount for that. A contested divorce is likely to cost a lot more.
- You can save considerable time. In Wisconsin, you need to wait for 120 days to finalize a divorce, and if the county courts are busy, it can take longer. Even with variables in consideration, an uncontested divorce doesn’t take more than a few months. When it comes to moving on with your life and ending the marriage, this kind of divorce takes the least time.
- You don’t have to wash dirty linen in public. If you choose to fight with your spouse in court, things can go public, which is not ideal for any family. An uncontested divorce allows you to discuss and negotiate all relevant points of concern, and you can rely on your attorney to help you with various steps in the process.
- You can save your family. By choosing an uncontested divorce, you and your spouse can protect and safeguard the relationship you share with your kids and the rest of the family. It is one of the best ways to avoid a bitter equation after the marriage is over.
- An uncontested divorce is less stressful. There is limited conflict, and most issues are resolved through talks in an uncontested divorce, which can reduce the stress associated with the process. You will be in a better frame of mind to move ahead.
Call a lawyer now to file the papers for your uncontested divorce.